This is one of only 2 rocks I brought back from Shetland for myself, rather than for analysis.
It’s a piece of a Lewisian gneiss Inlier (so it’s around 2.9 billion years old) from Yell. A really cool rock.
- crombienator reblogged this from aruithleisnamadadhallaidh
- aruithleisnamadadhallaidh reblogged this from hammerforscale
- theswelltoaster reblogged this from hammerforscale
- a-simple-geologist likes this
- steveflow likes this
- loveisafieldofwildflowers likes this
- superstarfighter likes this
- rebecca--b likes this
- domani likes this
- hammerforscale posted this